Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Outing!

Well, I finally did it! Up until today I have been too scared to take both kids out on my own in public. Just the thought of both of them "acting up" at the same time in a public place makes me anxious. However, after spending a lot of time in the house with both kids during the past month I finally decided it was time to brave a public outing on my own - and I am happy to report that it went really well!
This morning I took Remy and Caden to Beaners Cuts for Kids to have Caden's hair cut. It was his first time having his hair cut at a salon and he loved it. He got to sit in a little car and watch the movie "Cars" while he got his hair cut. He was so into driving the car and watching the movie that I don't think he even noticed that he was getting his hair cut. It was pretty cute!
After his hair cut we ventured to WalMart for a few things. This stop also went smoothly - the only hard thing is that the carts are not big enough! By the time I load up both kids and the diaper bag - there is no room left to buy anything (maybe that is a good thing)! Anyways, I guess I proved to myself today that I can go out on my own with the kids. This is a huge revelation for me and I am excited for more outings in the future!

Caden sitting in his "car" at the hair salon. He was oddly calm the entire time!
Caden driving his car and watching his movie. What a little stud!

PS - I will have to attach a picture of his new hair cut soon. He was so tuckered out by the time we got home that he went straight to bed!


2 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

I have to say that he is the CUTEST little boy in the whole entire world. His shorts are also so cute! I think he needs to come over and visit his auntie soon.

The Pierces said...

Okay, Cade and Remy are soooo adorable! They look so much alike too~ how fun! It looks like you are adjusting well to having two little kiddos in the family:)I can't even imagine how tired you must be at the end of the day... Anyways, we are so excited you started a blog ( ours needs some help because our camera is broken, but we will get it up and running soon) Oh, and I must add that Chelsey looks absolutely fantastic! How do you do it? You just barely had Remy...I am jealous!! Take care !!