Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Turtle Pool

The May long weekend in Calgary was SO HOT this year so Caden and I decided to spend a few days basking in the sunshine (Remy had to hide out in the house - it was way too hot for her little body). While I planted flowers Caden spent some time playing in his turtle pool (it is actually a sandbox but, I can't be brought to fill it with sand) - and he LOVED it. He spent the entire time throwing his toys out of the pool and then back in - it was pretty exhausting to watch. He also has to wear his crocks into the pool because without them he was a prisoner stuck in the turtle - he hates the feel of grass on his feet and refused to get out - haha! Anyways, he enjoyed cooling off on such a hot day and I am sure we will spend many more afternoon's playing in the turtle pool! Oh and... he wouldn't even let me dip my big toe in HIS pool. He would freak out when I would put my feel in - he really needs to learn to share!
Caden in his Turtle Pool. We have a south exposure backyard which means SUN, SUN, SUN all day long so - I had to place the pool right beside the side fence so Cade could be in a little shade. I guess we need to invest in an umbrella or something so he can play in the middle of the yard!

Okay, if this isn't a little clone of Brian I don't know what is! Caden is a Howarth through and through!

2 comments:

brooklyn said...

that is so funny that he won't let you IN the pool. oliver and i were in his kiddy pool yesterday and he won't let me OUT. let me tell you, it was a tight squeeze. i love seeing pictures and getting updates about your cute kids.

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

I hope he lets me in the pool