Sunday, July 27, 2008

July Fun

So, I realize I haven't posted anything for a while so I thought I would post some fun pictures of what we have been up to this past month. Since the summer is here in full force now the kids and I have been spending lots of time at my parents cabin in Montana and we are having a wonderful time. Caden is completely in his element here. He loves being outside playing and that is exactly what we do everyday. Basically we spend most of each morning and early afternoon outside playing with Caden - the goal being to tire him out so much that he takes a 2 hour afternoon nap! So far, we have had much success...

Aunt Kensie was playing with Caden one morning and decided to set up a movie out on the hammock for him. Caden was in "la-la" land (they were watching Cars after all - his favourite movie right now). Caden adores his "Si-Si" and it is pretty obvious why - she is such a great Aunt and treats his just right. I am sure Caden will love his Aunt forever! Thank you for being such a great Aunt to Caden Kensie!

Aunt Kensie also helped Caden into this rockin' outfit - Grandma's reading glasses and some random gum-boots they found in the closet. Priceless!

This is Cade and I on our front porch in Calgary. This year I planted flowers for the first time - they turned out surprisingly well! I can't believe I have finally got a really great picture of Cade and I together. I have been trying forever but, he usually freaks out just before we are about to snap the picture! I love this picture though so I guess my "patience" has paid off - finally!

Grandma took Remy in the swimming pool for the first time this week. Remy loved it. She was kicking her feet and had a huge smile on her face the entire time.


Caden is obsessed with goggles - even though he would never put his face in the water. Grandma was trying to get Cade to make a peace sign with her for this picture - Cade didn't quite get it... but he sure does love to swim!

Caden and Grandma in the pool. My Mom bought Cade a lady bug to float in (very manly, we know) and it works perfectly. He hates getting into the bug but once he is in... he loves it!


Caden warming up and drying off after a long swim (a 2 hour nap followed soon after)!


Overall, our summer has been a blast so far. We still have lots of summer days left and we have lots to look forward to!

0 comments: