Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Didn't Your Mommy Teach You Not To Steal?"

Today Cade, Remy & I went to the indoor play wonderland in the area. Cade was having a great time beating up the younger kids, hurling balls at children & adults alike, running away from me as fast as possible and completely blocking out anything and everything that I said (please tell me this is typical 2-year old behavior)...

I turned for one minute to tend to Remy and when I turned around I saw...

Cade stuffing a MUFFIN into his mouth. Immediately I thought, "that's weird, I didn't bring any muffins" and then I realized he had thieved it off the concession counter, unwrapped it and was stuffing it into his mouth (obviously he knew he was being bad). Of course EVERY mother in the place was staring at me with that judgemental "what kind of a mother is she" look on their faces so embarrassed and not amused I pulled Cade to a table and allowed him to pick at the muffin while I went to stand in line to pay (oh and the muffin was gross and Cade wouldn't eat it once we got to the table - worst $1.59 ever spent).

Things continued to go downhill from there (for example - when Cade helped himself to some popcorn from a table FULL of people). We left shortly after the muffin incident - embarrassed and tired. Once I finally got both kids back into the Van I sat for one minute to regain my composure... it may be a few weeks/months before we return for a day of (hell) play there again!

PS - It is only 4:08pm and I am ready for BED...what a day!

PPS - We did go with some friends and it was nice to see everyone (and their angelic children) for a few hours.

1 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

That is so funny. I was laughing so hard reading that. He is such a handful! We knew this would happen since he was an angel as a baby. I can't wait to see that little bad boy. Man he is trouble.