I can't believe my birthday (and Valentines Day for that matter) has already come and gone, again! Time sure does fly! This year I had an awesome birthday (actually it was more like a really long birthday weekend, so fun). We spent the weekend as a family and Brian and the kids totally spoiled me! On Saturday I got to stay in bed (uninterrupted) until 10am, was served a yummy breakfast when I finally decided to wake up, enjoyed a long bubble bath, hit a few stores with Brian and the kids in the afternoon, ordered in Indian food for dinner and watched a romantic movie with Brian after the kids went to bed - A perfect day if you ask me!
Yes, Cade is naked. If he had his way he would never wear clothes anywhere. We took this just before we tucked the kids into bed on Valentines Day!
Cade decided to also make mommy some pancakes. All of a sudden he came running over to me and yelled, "Mommy pancakes ready"! He was so proud of his play-dough pancakes - it was pretty adorable!
On Sunday we had a special birthday dinner at my parents house. Cade even got his own special "bubbly" cup, which he loved. He was chugging back the "bubbly" like none other. Oh, and there was a lot of toasting going on. Between each drink he would yell, "Cheers" and clink glasses with anyone willing - what a character!
Anxiously waiting for my Cake!
Growing up my Mom always made me an angel food cake with sticky icing! This year... she made it again! It was SO YUMMY and brought back so many memories!
Of course Cade had to have a turn spitting out the candles... turns out he hasn't quite mastered blowing without spit, yummy!
By the end of the night Cade was exhausted so G-pa read him some books! He was one happy little boy!All in all, my birthday/valentines day was perfect. The only bad part is now I am officially closer to 30 than I am 20 (I'm 26), haha! Thanks to everyone for the birthday songs, wishes, dinners and gifts! It was a great birthday and dare I say I am already looking forward to the next one!


2 comments:
How fun! I am very jealous that I was not there. You actually missed putting that part into the post. I was the other thing that could of made you birthday better. By the way, cute new blog header!
Happy belated bday Chels! Sounds like you sure had a fun weekend. I think my mom and dad are coming up to Calgary to stay at your parents this week as my dad has a seminar....lucky her if she gets to see you guys!
Post a Comment