I am so sick of eating the same meals - over & over & over again. So, this week I decided to test out a few new recipe's. After a few minutes of surfing the Internet I ended up on the Better Homes & Gardens website where I found two simple, relatively healthy and tasty looking entrees:
Chicken with lime & avocado salsa
Tonight I am going to test out my cooking skills and whip up the first dish - Chicken with lime & avocado salsa! Here's to hoping that it turns out well, tastes yummy and most importantly receives my kids 'stamp of approval' (I'll let you know if we like it).
Last night I made a family favourite - Sweet n' Sour Meatballs with Rice. This is a dish that both my kids can't get enough of and I have to agree - it tastes pretty darn good! So, if you're looking for something tasty for dinner tonight try:
Meatballs
1lb Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
1/2 cup Oats
1 Egg, slightly beaten
Salt & Pepper
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 Cup Milk**
** If you use ground turkey do not include the milk**
Sauce
1 Cup Brown Sugar (you may substitute Splenda Brown Sugar if you like)
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1 Tsp. Mustard
1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
Directions
1. Combine all ingredients for meatballs and mix well. Form into meatballs and place in greased casserole dish.
2. Combine all ingredients for sauce and mix well. Pour over the top of meatballs.
3. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Serve with rice/pasta & a garden salad.
If you try out this meal let me know how you like it. Enjoy!
*Please pass along any of your favorite recipe's as well - I would love to try them out*



1 comments:
Hmmmmm.....Meatballs (yum!) and a 10K race (ugh). Sounds....well....challanging!!
Post a Comment