Sunday, December 13, 2009

A House of Hand-Me-Downs!

Brian and I have been very blessed thus far in our marriage.
Very blessed.

Our lives have been filled with well -
Hand-me-downs.

Every part of our home is filled with treasures once used by our dear loved ones.
Couches, kitchen tables, lamps, mirrors, pictures, throw-rugs, tables, beds and even an entire van have entered our lives because those around us could see a need,
and filled it!

Today as I sit here and surf around on our lap-top (lovingly given to us by my Dad),
I can't help but look around and feel thankful for those who have blessed our lives by 'donating' their used-treasures to us.
We are forever grateful.

Today as I was about to make the mad-dash to the nicely heated truck awaiting me in the parking lot after church a little something caught my eye.
A cute little Christmas tree sat on a lone table in the corner.
It was decorated with tiny little paper ornaments.
On each ornament was a number and a neatly written item.
Items that others are in need of this Christmas.

I scanned the items and as I did I realized this is my turn to do my part.
Although I can't afford to 'donate' a couch or vehicle I certainly can afford to donate a bag of onions, can of whip-cream and container of mixed-nuts.
And so that is exactly what I am going to do.
I am going to donate a few items in the hopes that they too can make someones life a little bit easier.

So here is a big thank-you to all those dear loved ones who have been so generous to us throughout the years.
I am donating to others because of your great example to me.

Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

that is so sweet, my eyes teared up. you are so nice!