Friday, July 2, 2010

Miss Independent

This little girl is growing up too fast.
In the past few months she has transformed into a little girl.
Baby, no more.
Today we ventured to Beaners.
It was Remy's first time.
She loved it.
She was so polite answering all the questions with a 'yes' or 'sure'.
Such a lady.




Remy has decided that she no longer needs Mommy's help to complete many of her daily tasks.
I am no longer allowed to help:
put on shoes,
pull up panties,
lift her into the van,
lift her into her car seat,
buckle the top portion of the car seat,
take the pillows off Remy's bed each night,
help her eat,
or anything else she decides she is going to do on her own that day.
If I do help her in one of these areas,
she screams and cries until I let her do it alone.
For example.
Yesterday we were at the park.
Remy was wearing her gum-boots.
She got a rock in one.
She sat down and I made the mistake of removing her boot and pouring the rock out.
She freaked.
Then she grabbed back the boot,
put a handful of rocks back into her boot,
poured it out herself
and put the boot back on.
Since finding her independence things take a little longer.
But, it sure is cute watching her do things for herself.
I love this little girl.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Such a sweetie! She is all grown up! I love her haircute too!

The Thompson Family said...

She is so cute! I love her little lady haircut and cute manners she used. You are doing a great job as a mom! Mack has ventured into some indepenedence but not quite as intense. She is a firecracker. Love Her!!

nelson fam said...

Remy you are such an adorable little lady. I think it is high time grandma finds some time to take you to lunch. Can you please wear your high heels! I adore you!