Friday, May 6, 2011

The 18 Week Bump

When I was pregnant with Cade I decided it would be a good idea to keep a pregnancy journal. I took weekly pictures, kept ultrasound pictures and other important items and made a scrapbook of everything. When Cade arrived I even went back and included his birth story with more pictures.

When I was pregnant with Remy I felt slightly obligated to keep a pregnancy journal for her as well. I did awesome up until about 30 weeks at which point I completely neglected the journal (it still sits unfinished in the basement). I also didn't take nearly as many pictures and didn't do weekly posts like I did with Cade.

Now I am pregnant with baby #3 (we should find out the gender this week) and I have yet to even start a journal. I am now 18 weeks along and I only have 3 pregnancy photo's randomly taken via photo booth on my desktop. I haven't made one entry. I am starting to feel guilty! Do you think this baby is going to be upset when he/she reaches the age when they realize I neglected their scrapbook?

So, I figured I should at least make an entry on my blog so I can remember this pregnancy as well. I should also mention that this has been by far my best pregnancy. I had virtually no morning sickness or headache's. I have, however, been totally drained of all my energy and been suffering from heartburn between the hours of 7pm-midnight (I sleep through most of it). But, even my energy has mostly returned and the heartburn isn't as regular as it once was. So, I really can't complain.

Now I am looking forward to finding out the gender of this baby so I can really start preparing for its arrival! We also need to start thinking of some names since we literally don't have one floating around!

5 comments:

devinandmissy said...

You make such a cute pregnant lady! I still have not finished Macks book and Mollys is not caught up. I think most mom's have that problem! I am very excited to find out what you are having, isn't it nice to have one of each already?

Emily said...

You are lookin' as cute as ever!

Bryan and Kat said...

It's so not fair that you make such a cute pregnant lady! I am now definetly jeleous! Love you all the same! Can't wait to see you!

chris, mara, jack + katy said...

Chelsey you look wonderful! I can not wait to find if you are having a boy or a girl. I am glad that you are feeling well!

Mackenzie Richards said...

Don't feel guilty - even the number of pictures I take of each child has diminished more with each one. Its just the way it goes. I tell myself that I will do all their scrapbooks when ALL my kids are in school, when I will have some real time to do it! Just take lots of pictures, and keep record of milestones and funny things they say as best you can - you'll get around to compiling it all eventually :) That's what I tell myself anyways :)