Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Cade!

My little boy turned 2 today! I can't believe it. Time truly does fly by. We had a wonderful day celebrating Cade's birthday today. When he woke up this morning Brian & I sang him 'Happy Birthday' and he lit up. I don't think he understood why we were singing him a song but, I know he knew to get excited - it was pretty cute. This afternoon we had a little family party at my parents house. We had a great meal, cupcakes and ice cream, and lots of gifts. Cade had a ball being the center of attention (surprise, surprise) and loved playing with all his new toys. By the time we arrived home tonight Cade was exhausted (as were we) and went to bed one happy boy. Before he headed up the stairs to bed he wished his new truck a "good night" - so precious.

The birthday boy before all the festivities started. Doesn't he look so old! Where did my little boy go? I swear, he has doubled in size in the past year (he is weighing in at 34lbs after all - solid, I tell ya)!

Okay, so I may not be Betty Crocker but I thought these little basketball & baseball cupcakes that I made for Cade's birthday turned out pretty cute! The best part was Cade knew exactly what they were - balls!

The whole gang at the birthday party (Danielle, Zack, Brian, Kensie, Caden, Grandma Denise, and Grandpa Allan)!

Brian, Chelsey, Cade, Grandma Denise, and Grandpa Allan

This picture was taken while we were singing Happy Birthday to Cade. He was so excited.

Unfortunately, he wouldn't help blow out the candles. LUCKILY Grandma Denise was there to take care of business. She isn't wearing her glasses so I am guessing she saw one large blur of a flame and thought she better blow really hard... haha!

Caden opening his presents. We had to move through this process really quickly. All he wanted to do was play with each present he opened.
More presents...
Once we finished unwrapping the gifts we let Cade play. He absolutely loved this little tool set my Mom bought for him. He thought all the tools were pretty fun and even started "fixing" my Mom's walls (sorry Mom)!

Is this picture not just so cute. Our little construction worker!

The t-ball set my parents bought him was also a big hit. In fact, he was so excited to play t-ball he didn't even bother taking off his tool-belt and hard hat. After he hit the ball he would let out the biggest scream of excitement - we were all laughing so hard. He is such a little character!



0 comments: