Last night our good friends, Tyson & Natalie Portwood, invited us to go to the Flames game! Of course we said, YES! Tyson scored some amazing seats - only 5 rows away from the ice behind the goal - it was like we were on the ice with the players. We got to see all the action up close - the goals, fights, checks, blood (yes, there was blood) - it was awesome (except for the blood part, I could have done without that). I am not the biggest sports fan but, when you are that close you really get into the game!
The Flames won the game in a shootout - talk about intense! I have never been in the crowd when a game goes to a shootout and it was such a fun experience. The entire place was on their feet cheering on the Flames!
I also introduced Brian to the MALT! I have to be honest, it is one of my favourite parts about hockey games. The vanilla/chocolate combination is unmatched anywhere else. You really cannot beat it. I think Brian is now hooked as well!
Since we were so close to the ice (and the camera) we managed to get on the jumbo tron TWICE! That was pretty cool. An up-close-and-personal shot of the four of us!
Natalie & Tyson, thanks guys!
Brian & I sporting our Flames gear - go flames go!
Seriously, look how close we were!







2 comments:
Hey Guys! I don't know if you remember me but I was good friends with Brian in Seattle. I just want to let you know that my brother got a mission call to Calgary!!! How cool if he was in your ward or area??? Anyways drop me a line!!! See ya!
jessa
I am so jealous! I love going to the flames games. They are so much fun. That was awesome that the Portwoods had such nice seats. We need some friends like that.
Post a Comment