Friday, May 15, 2009

A Quick Update

BOYS, need I say more? Yesterday Cade was playing in the front yard when all of a sudden we saw:

*Cade unzip the zipper on his shorts
*Cade whip down his shorts & underwear
*Cade stick out his (now naked) bottom half 
*Cade take a pee on our front lawn for all to see

After a good laugh I went out and told him that we don't pee on the front lawn - in all my years of dreaming of being a Mom I NEVER dreamt that I would have to explain to my little boy that we don't pee on the front lawn. What a kid!

Cade has also recently discovered that boys & girls don't exactly have the same 'parts'. This has made for some really funny comments including,

Cade: 'GASP' - Mommy! Where's your wiener? 
(this was said in a way that implied that perhaps mommy's wiener fell off - tragic to a little boy)

REMY has changed so much over the past few months. Here is what she is up to:


We took her to the doctor the other day for her check-up:

Weight: 23 pounds (75%)
Height: 29 inches (50%)

She continues to be a dream of a little girl. She is so full of life and fun to have around. I honestly believe she is the cutest little girl in the whole world and as such I think she gets away with murder. All she has to do is bat her HUGE brown eyes in my direction and I melt. I love this little girl.

I (Chelsey) have been busy getting our new house ready to be lived in. Between deep cleaning, painting walls, packing, arranging everything for a move and taking care of two little ones I can say that I have been very busy. The good news is that we moved all our 'stuff' over to the new house last night. Now I just need to finish painting the interior of the house and unpack and then maybe I can rest for a few days! It has been so fun getting everything ready and I am so excited to get settled in our new home. THIS IS A DREAM.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so jealous Chels!! I want a house sooo bad!!!

The Thompson Family said...

I love little boys, that was the funniest story and I can just picture you laughing and then trying to compose yourself for your little lesson about not peeing on the front lawn. I am so excited for you and your new home!Remy is a beautiful little girl.