Last night 'Alex The Lion' from the Disney movie, Madagascar, made an appearance in Cade's room. At least that he what he told me after I ran to his room to see what was the matter (he was supposed to be sleeping, it was 10:15pm). Apparently Alex snuck into Cade's room and hid in his closet and he was planning on "roaring" at Cade at any minute in an effort to scare him. After turning on the lights, opening the closet doors and politely asking Alex to leave Cade's room - Cade was satisfied (I guess Alex was feeling cooperative). Thanks Alex.
On Wednesday night this lovely dinosaur made his grand appearance in Cade's room. Once again the 'incident' occurred just as Cade was supposed to be falling into a deep sleep. This time the dinosaur was stationed on the ceiling of Cade's room right beside his bedroom light. Cade assured me that the dinosaur was small but just as scary as a big dinosaur. He also informed me that if we weren't careful the dinosaur would come down from the ceiling and proceed to 'stomp' on everything in Cade's room until it was all broken.
As instructed, I turned on the lights and told the dinosaur to 'please leave'. Unfortunately we were dealing with a stubborn dinosaur who decided he wasn't going to leave - at least not until Cade got a nice drink of apple juice and yet another goodnight kiss (funny how thoughtful a scary monster-like dino can be).
I love how imaginative Cade can be - even if his imagination seems to reach new heights just before bedtime. I have to smile and laugh as he relates to me the 'monsters living in his closet'. He is so expressive as he tells me who is visiting that night and what they are planning to do. He also makes sure to incorporate just how 'scared' he is. It really is so funny and cute.
I can't help but laugh as I remember (vividly) sitting in my bed convinced that there were snakes all over my floor that would surely get me if I made a break for it. I guess we all have 'monsters' visit our rooms late at night at one time or another!
Friday, September 18, 2009
There are MONSTERS in my Closet!
Posted by Chelsey at 1:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
hahah..i love him!
What a vivid imagination. I think the "who/what" that will be visiting his room tonight may be his Mom?
Post a Comment