This little girl is the 'apple of my eye'. I am deeply in love with her. I find everything from the top of her head right down to the tip of her toes absolutely enjoyable (and quite possible edible at that). She is dreamy.
This little girl has a killer 'strut'. She struts around the house like she owns the place. She walks with attitude. It is as if she knows just how absolutely adorable she is. Yes, her little strut is to die for.
This little girl is one smart cookie. She understands everything you tell her. She is also very good with her words. She can tell you exactly what she wants/needs. She can combine up to three words at a time (ex: I found it). She is a chatter-box. She also digs a good song. Her favorite as of late, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star".
This little girl is polite. If she bumps into you or drops something on the floor she quickly apologizes by saying, "oh, sorry"! I could just eat her up every time she asks for forgiveness.
This little girl is sensitive. Her feelings are easily hurt. When you 'break her heart' her beautiful big brown eyes well up with monster sized tears. It is heart-wrenching and yet so cute at the same time.
HOWEVER...
This little girl has a 'dark-side'. One that only rears its ugly (and yet very edible) face after the sun has set. When other sweet, precious, perfect little girls are laying their heads down to sleep this little girl is just getting started. Started at what, you may wonder? Screaming!
This little girl does not go to bed easily. Our nightly routines have changed over the months in an attempt to adapt to her ever changing needs & moods. The routine as of late has included books & milk (we kicked the bottles last week), lullabies and a good rock to sleep. Yes, our little one has persuaded us to rock her 28lb self to sleep (I told you she was smart).
Well, little girl - things are going to change. And change tonight!
Tonight,
this little girl got to "cry herself to sleep". In fact she is still wimpering as I type. We just hit 30 minutes and things are quieting down. I think sleep is nearby. You see, we discovered that leaving the door open lessenes the tears and screams. With good luck and lots or prayers I am hoping that our little girl will go to bed peacefully within a week or two (send your prayers our way)!
Despite her 'dark-side' my little girl truly does own my heart. I heart you little girl!



1 comments:
She's so cute. Every time i used to try to get my kids to 'cry it out', i would eventually give in (after like 2 hours), and then they would do those sobs in their sleep ALL NIGHT LONG!! I gave up, and cuddled them to sleep, which took 5 minutes, and made me feel better, lol. Good Luck, hopefully it goes better for you than me :)
Post a Comment