Friday, December 4, 2009

A Little of Everything

We have finally decided to take the leap and purchase a new vehicle! With one car in-and-out of commission and a van taking up space in the garage it is high time we made this move. We have been telling Cade that we are going to buy a new van. One with a TV built in. He LOVES this idea.

This morning Cade came running into my room and asked if we could go to the store to buy our new van today, the one with the TV? I told him that sadly we would have to save up some more money before we could actually buy a new van. As soon as I had said the words Cade raced to the other side of the room, grabbed two pennies and ran them over to me explaining that we could use the pennies to go to the store to buy our van. If only. I have this funny feeling the dealership isn't on the same page as my three-year old!

Tonight is Brian's work Christmas Party. I am excited to get dressed up all fancy (in a sexy black number purchased during my kid-free shopping spree in the states a few weeks back) and spend the evening with Brian. Unfortunately, Calgary is under a winter-storm warning and they weren't kidding. It has been snowing (hard) since 9am with no end in sight. I am already feeling anxious about our drive downtown. Plus, walking in a winter storm in heels will be no easy feat, I am sure!

So, tonight the kids are getting their very first babysitter (other than my parents and sister we have never left the kids with anyone else). Cade is excited. I fear for Remy's reaction. She is SO attached to me. I know for a fact there will be tears and screaming - my question is how long can she actually last? I guess we will find out. My Mom is on back-up just in case!

Our little Momma's girl. Doesn't she just look like trouble in this picture? Oh and for the record, she is actually drinking water out of the Wendy's cup, not diet coke!

Also, this week I learned why people choose to have big families. Lots of kids means lots of helpers, right? I mean, I only have two but they sure are great helpers!



Cade vacuuming the stairs in his undies.

Remy sweeping up after dinner!

3 comments:

Humphreys Family said...

Hmmm, Chels, I would have thought that you would expose your kids to many babysitters at an early age, considering what you went through as a babysitter. Thinking of the time Marissa screamed and screamed until your mom came to rescue you.... is your little one just as stubborn?? lol. Good luck with the babysitters. (haha, maybe you should make Marissa come babysit for you, as payback)

Jenna said...

Have fun at the party!
Excited to see your new van. I can't wait till we get a van, seriously they are so practical!

Emily said...

Cute. Good luck on the car search!