Saturday, January 9, 2010

What a Family!

My family is made of up super-athlete's.
Exercise is a daily part of our lives.
And not just a quick jog around the block.
No, that just wouldn't do.
We're talking about 1/2 marathons, marathons & even a triathlon!

Right now we are training for our 1/2 marathon & marathon's.
Luckily, I only have to run the 1/2 marathon.
Today I ran 5 miles (8km).
It felt amazing.

My sister and my Mom are training for the full marathon.
Today they had to run 10 miles (16km).
They are amazing.
Danielle ran in Salt Lake (1hr 46min).
My Mom & Dad ran in Calgary (1hr 44min).

I have to say I love everything about running.
It is invigorating.
I love running in the cold and pushing my body.
Although it may become painful at times it always feels good when you finish.
Always.

The real super-athlete is my Dad.
He may be 51 but that doesn't hold him back at all.
He can run circles around us all.
He is training for a triathlon in March.
He is also running the 1/2 marathon with me in April.
Super-athlete, I tell you!

I am so grateful that my family is so active.
They motivate me and help me to stay on track.
Happy Training Mom, Dad & Danielle!