Friday, February 26, 2010

These Boots Were Made For...

...PUDDLES!

Today we ran into Gma Denise at Walmart in Okotoks. She (very kindly) treated the kids to some much needed (and wanted) rain-boots...


We let Cade choose which boots he wanted. Of course, he went straight for these gems. I cannot even begin to express how much he loves 'Lightning McQueen'. So naturally he was very pleased with this purchase!

Remy went for a sensible light pink pair. These boots are a dream. Many of you may not know this but my dear sweet Remy has been blessed with the most adorable fat little feet. It is a nightmare to find her shoes. I was certain that she was destined to a life of Uggs, Crocks and flip-flops. Now I can safely add rain-boots to her fashionable footwear choices!

I asked Cade to pose with his new boots. This is the pose he came up with. After I took the picture I couldn't help but bust out laughing. Seriously Cade, what were you thinking? Cade is such a character and so full of energy - I really shouldn't have been surprised by this pose!

** Please notice the new undies. Since Cade refuses to wear pants we decided it was time to switch to the boxer-brief. I find them 'easier on the eyes', don't you agree?**
And finally just for the record - I love this little girl. She is my shadow, my helper, my right-hand girl. She loves to cuddle with me on the couch and smother me with hugs and kisses. She follows me around the house constantly and if she loses sight of me for even one minute she yells, "Mommy where are you?" until I answer! I truly can't get enough of this little girl!


A great big thank you to Gma for the boots! They will be put to good use in the upcoming sloppy months! We love you Gma!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Hahahahahahaha that pic of Cade kills me.

Lisa said...

That picture is so funny!!! Your kids are adorable!!

Bryan and Kat said...

I love the boots!! Mason has some like that but they are green frogs! He loves them and knows exactly what to do in them! (jump in puddles) Also I TOTALLY unders tand the fat feet issue--mason is the same way! Crocs and velcro are our life savors!

nelson fam said...

I'm so glad that a simple purchase of rain boots can bring so much joy and happiness to you and your little ones. Cade...you are a nut and Remy could you please save some of those hugs and kisses for Grandma.

Mackenzie Richards said...

Caden is SO FUNNY! I waited until I finished reading the explanation for his pose before I scrolled down to see it and it wasn't what I was expecting at all! All thats missing is a finger at his lips! Too funny.....

3 boys and a lady said...

Chelsey, I love looking at ur blog. Your little fam is so cute. U probably don't know me but our husbands r friends. And I thought I would let u know that I am a "lurker" on ur blog. he he

Lorraine said...

I hope the weather stays warm. i am definitely llooking forward to wearing my gum boots at the farm and watching all the snow melt away. Your kids smiles are the best.