Wednesday, February 24, 2010

g.l.a.m.o.r.o.u.s

I'm not totally convinced that you all know exactly how glamorous training for a 1/2 marathon truly is. Not only do I get to run 4 times each week but, I get to run in my super-sweet unfinished basement amongst all our household chaos. You know - our storage, furnace, and mounds of toys that have been permanently banned from the rest of the house. I'm telling you - I am living the dream 3 mornings a week in my basement - g.l.a.m.o.r.o.u.s!

Now you should know that when I am running I am not only an elite athlete. No! I am also a mother, referee, servant, waitress and detective (and the list goes on and on) to my two adorable little ones. On good days they leave me be - deep in concentration with the music blaring. But, on bad days I find myself breaking up fights, opening sippy cups, wiping noses, consoling hurt feelings, suggesting new activities, finding lost toys and once - blowing up balloons (totally not recommended). It is those days that it is hard to find the strength to stay on the treadmill.


However, at the end of my daily training session it is hard to feel anything but healthy, strong, motivated and successful. Training has been hard physically and mentally but, I am grateful for a strong healthy body that allows to to run. It feels good.
I am now 6 1/2 weeks away from race day and I am feeling good. I know I will finish and I know it will feel great!

(Thanks so much Cade for capturing this gem of a shot. See what I mean, GLAMOROUS!)

*A big thank-you to Cade for capturing our morning routine on the treadmill. He was very willing to help out. In fact, he documented every minute - my running, his sister, himself and even Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.*

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Good work Chels! You are going to do great......the real thing will probably be a piece of cake compared to training at home with kids! hehe!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

love the sweaty face. how come you don't get all blotchy like me?

if i was to do it at home i would have to strap emory to my chest, have u tried running while holding one yet?

The Thompson Family said...

Oh Chels, I miss that face! Good for you you busy crazy lady! What kind of treadmill do you have and would you recommend it? I am trying to convince Devin to let me get one with some of our tax return money.

Mackenzie Richards said...

Oh what I would give for a treadmill!! Good work Chelsey! I aspire to be able to run like you do. And kids just make it more of a challenge to overcome :)

Bryan and Kat said...

Awesome job!! I know how it is with the captureing of "great moments". Mason finds the camera and takes "pictures" all the time!!!!!

Lorraine said...

Keep up the good work. You will feel so much better when you finish your run. Your kids are SO cute.

chris, mara, jack + katy said...

You are looking awesome Chels! keep it up!