Because it feels so much later.
Here's why...
At 6am I was greeted by a very awake and very cheerful 3-year old boy.
He happily climbed into my bed and began playing with his imaginary friend, Richard.
(Richard is quite the character. However, Cade will only play with him when he uses nice words. When he uses bad words Cade asks him to leave. Oh and Richard is so much fun. He does whatever Cade wants him to and Cade loves it. Should I be worried?)
Cade managed to pry me out of bed around 7:45am.
He convinced me he just had to have breakfast right that minute.
I'm such a sucker.
At 10:30am we were on our way out the door for a morning walk.
We managed to find a magical park we have never visited before.
The kids loved it.
They played hard.
We arrived back home at 11:45am just in time for lunch on the back deck.
At 12:30pm Remy hit the bed for a nap.
She was up at 2pm.
At 2:15 we were on our way out (again) for a slurpee run.
We walked to 7-11 - actually we basically ran.
With slurpee's in hand we ventured on another walk.
To the kids pleasure we found yet another park.
We played at the park for about an hour.
Then Cade had to pee.
He pleaded for permission to pee in the trees.
Permission was not granted (at least this time).
We headed home to use the potty - Cade cried all the way home.
After a quick potty break it was back outside in the yard.
Then at 3:45pm I found Cade like this...
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Are you sure it's only 3:52pm?
Late afternoon naps are suicide.
He will be up late.
But, at that moment I didn't think I had the energy or patience to deal with a crying 3-year old (which would have been the case if I woke him up).
Posted by Chelsey at 3:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
i feel the same way today. the only difference is that we have NOT left yet because it has been raining like crazy all day. i am slowly going crazy.
Sounds like you played out the kids. How are you still standing? I am exhausted from making dinner. Miss you kiddies!
We are definitely having a LONG day too!
Those days are awesome (dripping with sarcasm). I love when my 3 1/2 year old has a late afternoon nap. Hope he didn't stay up TOO late! Now I want a slurpee.....
Post a Comment