Monday, April 19, 2010

The Results Are In...

Everything about my trip to SLC went perfectly.
Here's a few pictures from my trip...

The first thing on my agenda upon arriving in SLC was to find Emory and smother her in kisses. I have missed her so much and I was so excited to see her again. Of course, true to Emory form - she didn't play shy at all when I scooped her up. It was so nice to see her again. I miss her already!

Mom, Danielle & I picking up our packets for the big race. It was fun walking around the Expo looking at all the different booths. We scored some sweet goodies and bought a few items to make the run more comfortable. This is also where we all started to get a little nervous!

Mom, myself & Danielle the morning of the race. This was taken at about 5:15am. We were all very excited to get the race underway.

Chelsey nearing the finish line (don't worry, I finished before the old man running next to me). I can't even explain how exciting it is to see the finish line after 13.1 miles.

Crossing the finish line. I was beat but, I gave it all I had. I ended up finishing the race in 2 hours and 11 minutes. Not too shabby. I was proud of myself and so happy to be done.
Mom about to cross the finish line after 26.2 miles. My Mom is amazing. She ran the marathon with no problems and was even able to sprint the last mile! She came across strong and smiling. It was so exciting to watch her cross - she ran it in 4hours 31minutes. She also came in 9th out of 25 for her age group. She rocked it!
Once my Mom crossed it was time to watch for Danielle. We knew she wouldn't be too far behind.

Danielle crossing the finish line after 26.2 miles. Danielle hit a few 'bumps' along the way that slowed her down a little (including a nasty fall about 100 yards from the finish line) but, she finished strong. I am pretty sure this will be Danielle's first and last marathon! She did awesome and ran it in about 4 hours 45 minutes! Amazing!

We all survived our races. It was hard but so fun and worth it in the end. We have all decided that the 1/2 marathon is the way to go.
Now that the 1/2 marathon is over it is on to the next event - I am thinking a sprint triathlon this summer? I'll keep you posted!

8 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

that picture of you and emee is so cute,. i agree, NO more marathons. let's stick to half marathons and triathlons.

nelson fam said...

Yes you did a great job on the 1/2. You must officially cross it off your bucket list. I already miss running. I think I am sick. Good job chelsey, you made me a proud mama. Love you.

Bryan and Kat said...

You all looked amazing! I can't imagine the feeling of accomplishment that you all felt! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEG said...

Thats amazing, I want to get into running SO bad... I told Dave I want a Chariot Stroller for Mothers Day, we will see how that goes! Good Job though, it's impressive!

Jenna said...

So amazing! you guys did it!
Yeah!

Mackenzie Richards said...

So great Chelsey! And what an awesome accomplishment to share with your sister and mom. Lots of good memories I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

YOu guys are amazing! Way to go, very impressive! Something I would like to attempt one day!

3 boys and a lady said...

i wish i were u. that is awesome. way to go!