Monday, December 5, 2011

Remy

Remy has really blossomed in the past few months. She has always been full of personality but, lately she has added a good dose of attitude to her daily routine. She has turned into a sassy little girl that can be downright stubborn if she wants to. It can make for a few frustrating moments during the day and has lead to a few additional time-outs for this little princess. Even though she can drive us all crazy at times, she is still our beautiful little girl (who is growing much too quickly). 


Remy is in love with the movie Tangled. She loves Rapunzel. She spends most of her days pretending she is Rapunzel. She runs around the house singing the songs, quoting the movie and playing with an imaginary Pascal. It is adorable. I love listening to her little voice belt out the lyrics to the songs and I especially love hearing her quote all parts of the movie. 

She has asked Santa for a Rapunzel dress, wig and Pascal. She is counting on getting these items so she can 'up' her level of play. I just can't wait to see her on Christmas morning decked out in all the Rapunzel gear. She is going to love it.


Remy is too smart for her own good. Her vocabulary is pretty impressive and her ability to put together thoughts is often amazing. She often shocks me with the things she says during the day. She also loves to make up her own words. The funny part is that you can actually ask her for a definition of her made-up words and she will confidently give you one. It is hilarious. 


The other day Cade (and therefore Remy) was doing something that he knew he wasn't supposed to do. So, I turned to him and told him that he had better stop. Then I turned to Remy and told her that she had better stop as well. As soon as I had uttered the words Remy turned to me and said,

"Well Mom, it's not my fault. Cade was doing something wrong and I was just following his lead". 

She is such a little stinker and she comes up with 'excuses' like that all day long. It is never her fault and she always has a very logical explanation as to why she is misbehaving. I usually have to try not to laugh when she delivers her excuses but, it is just so hard not to.


Looking at these pictures I realize that Remy really isn't my baby anymore. She is turning into a little girl and I must admit that I love it. 

0 comments: