Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer 2012

This summer has been awesome.
The kids and I have been on-th-go all month and we are all enjoying it.
We have spent the majority of the summer at the cabin (of course).
I love spending our summer out here away from 'the grind'.
Instead of feeling the need to 'get things done' all I feel the need to do is hang out with the kids.
I love it.



Cade continues to crack me up.
That is, when he isn't driving me to the loony bin!
I just can't get over how big he is.
Do I really have an almost 6-year old?


Brian took the kids fishing off the dock.
The kids loved it.
Especially since the fish were biting.
They each caught a few little fish and were pretty proud!



Reese has added a new dynamic to our summer.
To be honest, I think 9-month olds are hard.
We have managed to keep her on a strict schedule which is our only saving grace.
She always enjoys a nice dip in the pool after her afternoon nap.
I just can't resist her in her suit & polka-dot hat!



The kids spend the majority of the day in the pool.
Both have really come a long way this year.
Remy is like a little fish. 
She is swimming all on her own!
Her newest trick is diving to the bottom all by herself to retrieve rings!


Cade is also doing so well with his swimming.
This year he conquered his fear of going underwater!
Now we can hardly keep him above water!
He loves to jump from the edge and dive to the bottom. 
His new found swimming freedom has been wonderful!


Our little Reese floating in the lady bug.
The kids love it when she swims.
They are constantly diving under her bug (and scaring her to death).


So clearly, summer is going very well for us!
I wouldn't change a thing!

** The other day I spent a good hour going back through my previous posts. I couldn't help but feel sad that I have let my blog go in the past 6 months. It was so fun being able to look back and remember the things that we have done. Here is to becoming re-dedicated **

2 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

They are the cutest kids ever but can you make your pictures bigger please?

Jen Low said...

9 month olds... Say no more! Happy you have such a beautiful summer retreat, you are making amazing memories.