I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has flown by (not counting the last month, of course). I'm pushing 39 weeks now and really getting excited to meet our little girl! I'm even more excited to not be pregnant anymore. This pregnancy has not been as 'magical' as my previous pregnancies. Perhaps the novelty of being pregnant has just worn off now that we are onto #4!
I've felt pretty good this pregnancy however, I have been very tired. I have also been having an insane amount of 'braxton hicks' contractions. I swear, I can hardly move without my tummy tightening which is so uncomfortable! In the past few weeks these contractions have gotten really uncomfortable. Sadly, they haven't led to labour! Just lots of moans and groans from Mom!
My tummy is measuring small this time around (I measured small with both Cade and Remy). Last week the doctor sent me for a 'just-in-case' ultrasound to check on the growth of the baby. The ultrasound went well. The technician told me that the baby is a little on the small side but, it isn't anything to be concerned about. They estimated the baby's weight to be around 6lb-11oz. Is it wrong that this excites me - after having Reese (8lbs-13oz) I was getting worried I'd have an even bigger baby this time! Looks like she won't be too big!
In the past few weeks I have been busy getting everything ready for baby's arrival. My Mom spent two days here helping me clean, organize and get prepared. It felt so good to get some good cleaning & organizing in. I also managed to make a trip to the store to stock up on diapers & wipes - I figure it's about all I need to get since I have pretty much everything else already!
I also decided it was important to get 'pretty'! I had my haircut and had eyelash extensions put on! It's amazing how those two simple things made me feel so much better!
It's safe to say, we are ready to meet this baby girl. I am really hoping she decides to come sometime this week! I'm not sure how well I will handle going past my due date!



2 comments:
Chels! You look amazing. When you were writing all of that stuff about Caden I felt like I was reading my own words. Ethan is the exact same way. It's unreal how similar they are. Can't wait to see baby girl!
Look at you and those beautiful lashes :) I have always loved your hair, I would trade you in a heart beat! You have the cutest kids I am sad we don't live closer, like next door. I miss your face and laughter you always gave me! Can't wait to see baby girl soon!! Hang in there.
Post a Comment