Friday, October 17, 2008

What a Week...

This week I finally decided to try my hand at potty training Cade. I have been dreading this "stage/task" for as long as I can remember however, I always knew that one day I would have to tackle the task.
When Cade woke up on Wednesday morning we took off the diaper and put him into "big boy" underwear. He immediately loved them (I knew that would happen) and he looks SO CUTE running around the house in them.
Each day has progressively gotten better and I can totally tell that he is catching on. The number of accidents has dramatically decreased (we only had 1 on day two and today we are still dry). This morning when I was finishing getting ready for the day (of glamorous potty training I might add) I suddenly heard Cade yell "Mommy poop"! I ran down the stairs thinking the worse however all I found was a little boy that needed to go potty! He even held it until we got upstairs and onto his potty! The best part is after he goes in the potty he jumps up and starts dancing around yelling "big boy, big boy"! It is adorable.
Despite the fact that I have gotten "NOTHING" done these past few days (my house is a disaster, the laundry is piling up, and we have yet to have a real meal) it has been a rewarding few days. I have spent a lot more time with Cade (I don't dare let him out of my sight for too long in case he needs to go) and it has been pretty fun. We have had more dance parties and shared more "potty candy" in the past few days then we ever have - and I think Cade has really enjoyed all the attention.
This weekend Cade is staying at Grandma's while Brian, Remy, and I head to Montana. Hopefully Grandma can keep Cade on track...

1 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

I love that he dances around saying big boy! He is so funny.