Today was an awesome day. This afternoon the kids and I went to my Mom's house to visit Danielle & Emory for the afternoon. While we were there I decided to make some Halloween cookies with Caden. I have been wanting to do this for a while now but haven't had the time. Caden loved making cookies with me. He was so excited to pour in the ingredients, stir, and most of all taste test each step of the cookie making process (including plain butter, yummy)! He loved using the cookie cutters to make pumpkins, ghosts, and cats - however, he was insistent on poking his finger into all the cut cookies to provide "eyes". Sometimes I truly wonder where he comes up with these ideas. I have to admit, I had to keep reminding myself that he is a) a boy and b) only two - because the cookies were turning out a little less than "perfect". He also made himself a lovely hat out of cookie dough - what a goof!
GIRLS NIGHT OUT...
Since Danielle has been living here in Calgary the girls have gone out on a few "girls nights". Since Danielle, Zack and Emory will be moving back to Salt Lake City on Friday we decided we better have one last girls night out. Tonight we went to dinner at the Olive Garden (yummy) for some good old comfort food. The food was really yummy and we even managed to pry Mackensie's I-Pod out of her death grip during dinner (this was a small miracle). I forgot to take any pictures during dinner but, we did take a few pictures on the car ride home...
I know that Danielle thinks we are all so cheesy because we keep saying how much we are going to miss having her around but we really are. I am so sad that they are leaving on Friday. Salt Lake City is about a 14 hour drive and with two little kids it will probably feel more like 20 hours. However, I am sure we will manage to make it down to Salt Lake (hopefully soon). Mostly because I don't know how long I will be able to go before I need an "Emory fix". Just take a look at her chubby cheeks - they are so kissable and my lips are going to miss them!
(Emory is getting so strong. She can now hold her head up while laying on her tummy. What a big girl)


3 comments:
Chels, that sure looked fun to make cookies with Caden. He has a great imagination!
I am sad to hear Danielle and Zack are leaving on Friday! I guess it's what they need to do, but I am sure it has been so fun to have your sister around. I sure wish someone from my family would move to Saskatoon! hehe, yah right! We are applying at the U of A and U of C for next year, so maybe we will be a little closer to all you family.
Hey Chelsea...I am sure I am the last person you expected to visit your blog. Anyway it is crazy how many people you can run into in the blog world. I hope you don't mind.
Your family is so beautiful and congratulations on your new addition. It is good to hear you are back with your family and it sounds like you all love it.
I have always felt bad I never got a chance to visit you while we were living in the same apartment complex, so I am truly sorry I was not a better friend. But anyway hope all is well.
If you want I have a blog too, but it is by invitation only. You are welcome to email me and send me your email so I can send you an invitation. My email is cluff521@gmail.com. Take care
Courtney
Dear Martha,
You are pretty amazing! Good job on the potty training and the cookies!
You are right about missing your sister! How fortunate you have all been to have this time together! So much has happened and you have all been able to be there for each other!
I hope the move goes well for everyone
love you and your darling children!
Post a Comment