This week has been focused on potty training Cade! After a long week of poops, pees, "potty candy", celebrations, accidents, and running to the potty I feel like we have reached a major milestone...Today I came downstairs to find Cade standing in the living room buck-naked. I asked him where his underwear were and he simply replied, "I peed Mommy". My heart sank. I asked him to show me where he peed so he took my hand and marched me into the bathroom where I discovered...
He had peed in the potty ALL BY HIMSELF!
This is huge. Usually when he has to go he gets this frantic look on his face and he becomes a statue at which point you have to physically lift him and run to the potty! I was so excited by my discovery that we had the biggest celebration yet - complete with gum! I know he isn't trained completely yet but, I feel like we may be getting a little closer!
Cade now refuses to use pull-ups (we rarely used them in the first place). When I try to put one on him (to take a short ride in the car) he looks at me and says "Cade too big, mommy". He walks around all day telling me that he is "too big" - it is pretty cute.


0 comments:
Post a Comment