If I were a blond cartoon this would be me right now...

The transition from crib to bed has gone exceptionally well for Remy. I realize we only have two nights under our belts but still - we have reason to celebrate!
We decided that we would stick to our normal bedtime routine - brush teeth, 3 books, a song. However, instead of then rocking her to sleep we would simply place her into her bed and say goodnight. We decided we would let her cry for 10 minutes and then we would return to her bedroom, lay her down and sing her a short song before leaving once again. The plan was to repeat this every 10 minutes until she finally fell asleep.
Night #1 came with lots of tears and pleas for Mommy. However, they were short lived! She only made it about 19 minutes before crashing out for the night (yes, she slept through the night in her big-bed, no problems).
Night #2 was much better. She cried (not nearly as loudly) for about 4 minutes before settling in for the night. Oh and I should mention - not only did she sleep through the night but she slept from 7:20pm - 9:15am. It was blissful. When I went to get her from her bed this morning she was sitting up playing with her bear and doll; happy as could be!
I am so happy we decided to 'switch it up a little'. It has been a really good thing!
Oh and just for the record - I am not the only one in the family who is super happy about Remy's new routine. Just check out the picture below. Now there is a little boy filled with happiness!



7 comments:
Wohoooo! Maybe I should switch Ethan into a big boy bed now so that he'll sleep through the night. Way to go Remy!
That is quite the accomplishment! YAY Remy!!! So how does she do with naps? I love her little bed, where did you get it?
YAY!! congrats!
Oh I am so glad it worked so well! That sounds more like it!
Way to go Remy!
Yay for Remy, and exciting for you guys! Mayson saw the picture and said "that boy is naked in a girl's room". Its SSSOOOO nice when they sleep in their own bed and stay in there all night long! We are still having kids coming into our bed at night. And I LOVE her bed! I've wanted one like that for a long time!
Good job Remy! Mom and Dad too! It's so fun to watch them pass their milestones in life.
I just can' get enough of that little boy with his underwear. He looks like Tom Cruise inthat movie where he is dancing and slides across the floor! What a star.
Post a Comment