Friday, November 18, 2011

5 Week Update

Has it really been 5 weeks already? The past month has gone by so quickly. Reese and I have spent a lot of time getting to know each other and for the most part it has gone well. Sure she came with a few 'quirks' but, we are figuring those out and the past few days have gone really well. Overall, Reese is a good baby. Of course she is happiest when she is eating (at 4 weeks she weighed in at a whopping 10lbs-8oz) and she loves to be constantly held between the hours of 4pm - 7pm (the dreaded witching hour is back).

Reese has proven to be a really good night-sleeper. She is currently going to bed between 9:30 - 10pm and doesn't wake up until 2:30am for her first feed. Then she is up between 5 - 7:30am for another feed. I am only up for about 30 minutes to feed her so I am actually getting some good sleep! I have to say it is like a dream. I don't know what I would do without sleep right now (please keep this up Reese)!

Reese and I have been trying to figure out our groove during the day. Right now she isn't really on a set schedule so we wing-it each day. I can only get one good nap during the day - either in the morning or the afternoon. I prefer the afternoon because it makes for a happier baby around dinner time. So basically I spend my days nursing every 3 hours, changing diapers, rocking & snuggling and praying for at least one good nap. The past two days I have napped Reese in her swing and she has slept like a rock for at least 4 hours! Heaven!

Since Danielle left, we have spent a lot of time at home - indoors. At first I enjoyed it. I liked being snuggled in my warm house with my wee-ones. However, after a few weeks of being a hermit I am starting to go stir-crazy. Hopefully I'll be able to venture out more often in the next few weeks!

In the past few days Reese has really started to respond to us. With a little coaxing she will bust into a big smile. It is adorable. Remy and Cade love getting a big smile out of her. After a few days of practicing her smiles, I finally caught a few on camera. Is this not the cutest face you have ever seen? Check out her chubby cheeks - they are oh-so-kissable!




0 comments: