Where did my little boy go? Cade is 6-years old now and is in grade 1 (french immersion). This kid continues to amaze us all with his never-ending amount of energy! I swear, he is always moving. He brings a level of chaos to our home that can be both hilarious and completely exhausting!
However, despite his craziness I just can't help but absolutely adore this little boy. He totally and completely holds and special place in my heart (perhaps because he is the only boy in a house-full of girls or maybe it's because he adore's me too).
I have to laugh each morning when I drop Cade off for school and he gently reminds me that I am not allowed to kiss him in public anymore. Of course, I grab him and lay a big smooch on him anyways. I can't help it. He is just so handsome and I miss him when he's away at school each day.
School has been both a challenge and an escape for Cade. If given the choice, Cade would rather stay home everyday and play with his sisters. However, everyday after school when I pick him up he tells me that he had so much fun at school that day. It's taken a while to get to this point and I am grateful we are finally here!
He is slowly starting to grasp the French language. At this point, he can understand much more than he can speak and he is continuing to work on reading. It takes lots of practice and patience! Unfortunately, Cade has a very limited attention span and would rather do just about anything than work on 'homework' after school. It's a never-ending battle. One I'm sure we will deal with for a long time to come!
Cade is a very social little boy. He loves to be playing with friends and doesn't seem to have a problem finding someone to play with at school or anywhere else for that matter. He started basketball this year which is awesome. He is catching on really well and I'm sure it'll be a sport he plays for a long time. It's a really great outlet for him and it's fun to watch him out there having fun!
Cade is an awesome big brother. He loves to play with both Remy and Reese and I'm sure he will adore this next baby girl just as much!




0 comments:
Post a Comment